Sunday, March 25, 2012

Breakfast Update


Ok, so I have to make a special post just to comment on the food I just ate. As you probably already read about what I did yesterday, you then know I went to the fresh food market. I forgot to mention yesterday that I also got some strawberries and a plum. For breakfast this morning, I ate about four (of maybe 12) strawberries. They are the perfect dark red, the juice is fantastic when you bite into it, the smell is to die for and there are no pesticides used!
As I was eating these delectable frecas, I suddenly remembered something amazing. I brought Nutella. I run to my bag and shoot my hand inside my backpack to grab the Nutella and then went back to my bed with it. I cracked the seal on the Nutella and grabbed my knife. I started salivating as I combined the flavors of hazelnut chocolate and fresh from the farm, dark-red strawberries. I was not disappointed. This was one of the best combinations that I have had in a long time. The smooth chocolate mixing with the juices of the strawberries, or frecas, is indescribable.
As this was all going on, Jenna was watching me. When I pulled the Nutella out, her eyes got wide and she pulled her hands up to look like a dog begging on its hind legs. I wish I got a picture. I ended up giving her a few knife-fulls of Nutella on her banana that she was eating. Eventually I gave her a strawberry with some Nutella on it. She may as well had been that scene from a movie where the girl falls back in the pad of grass or hay and the camera spins out while she smiles, haha.
I don’t think I need to say that the food here is amazing so far, and I haven’t even had the whole experience yet. 
By the way, thank you to my amazing sister Hannah Garrison for giving me the necklace so I can keep some sense of normalcy without my usual necklace on. Its a silver link chain with my grandpas wedding ring on it, probably shouldn't bring something that valuable and sentimental to Europe. So thank you again to my amazing sister, Hannah! Also thank you to my fantastic mom, Rebecca Hill, for the bracelet that was made for me a while ago then fixed for this trip! They will both be in many pictures =]
Well theres my quick update this morning, and here is a picture spree of me enjoying the nutella strawberry! Please excuse my mess of hair. =]
Habla Luego!
-Fuego






2 comments:

  1. So I tried to post a comment yesterday but my computer lost internet and needless to say I was a little irritated. Anyways! I just want to say first of all you look like a fascinated monkey (especially in the center one) in that sequence of pictures and totally illustrates your personality. Spain is gonna love you so much and you will bring a lot to the people you meet there! On the topic of food, which seems to be amazing there, you should totally send us some… no wax on apples, strawberries that just burst with flavor; it sounds as though they were grown in the most fertile soil on this planet, like mother nature intended it’s fruit to be from the beginning. Something you should do is find a really nice cookbook in Spain with recipes to dishes that you have there, mark it up or post-it the pages and send it over so Mom, Hannah, and I can have some fun recreating some dishes that you and Jenna get to enjoy there on a regular basis :)
    You are one lucky boy! Like I said the people you meet in Spain are gonna love you. You’ve already met some really nice people, even when no one seems to smile there haha. It’s awesome that you guys are catching onto and using the language as much as possible :) Denver, enjoy the amazing weather and food there and the people and the whole experience this is your time to grow and explore!!
    Love you and miss you guys! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My love,

    So glad to hear you are eating!!! Finally. Did Jenna beat you up? ha ha ha I am glad you brought the Nutella also. I thought the locals would find an American product pretty cool. You could give it to someone after you are done... since it is in english.
    Talking about the fruit makes me jealous. Do we even have fruit that delicious here? Probably not. You are welcome for the sentimental jewelry. I feel it helps when away, to have something from home with you. So happy you are beginning to find your US friends. Thanks for the pictures!!! love them

    Te Amo,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete